We work on the characterization and development of phosphors and phosphor systems with the aim of improving phosphor efficiency, reliability and color stability. To do this, we at the Application Center (AWZ) for Inorganic Phosphors in Soest use comprehensive optical and spectroscopic analyses, thermal and microstructure characterizations and investigations into the long-term stability of light-emitting diodes and lighting elements.
The result of our work includes, among other things, phosphor-doped lenses and glass ceramics for lighting and illumination technology and for medical diagnostics. Other fields of research include the characterization of optics for light-emitting diodes and the microstructuring of optics and phosphors.
- Characterization and assessment of luminaires, light-emitting diodes and phosphors and their long-term stability
- Production and development of phosphor doped lenses and glass ceramics
- Thermal management and photometric und photometric assessment of luminaires, light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and LED modules
- Surface and element investigations, thermal and thermokinetic analyses
- Structuring of LED optics and phosphors