To make photovoltaics more efficient, to improve the reliability and life of solar cells and modules and to develop new, microstructure-based technologies for our clients – these are our goals at the Fraunhofer Center for Silicon Photovoltaics CSP. The main areas of our work are in solar cell diagnostics, the manufacture and evaluation of silicon wafers and issues regarding module technology and module reliability.
We work along the respective value-adding chains with all relevant technologies and find solutions to material and process-related challenges. We open up new possible applications for photovoltaics, for example, through curved or particularly lightweight modules for use in or rather on buildings and in car roofs or systems for use in extreme climates, and in doing so we contribute to climate research.
- Failure diagnostics and reliability analysis
- Characterization of photovoltaic materials
- Power measurement and yield analysis
- Production and evaluation of semiconductor wafers
- Life and environmental simulation
- Development and prototypical production of solar modules and their reliability testing under laboratory and climatic conditions
- Hydrogen production and storage in interaction with renewable energy